collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Alexander Schleicher & Co. Segelflugzeugbau TN No. 29 original issue dated 01 Ju by Andrew Logan
[24 August 2021, 15:39]

ASW15 Canopy by Andrew Logan
[30 July 2021, 12:35]

CoG Release by Andrew Logan
[29 July 2021, 21:44]

ASW 15 Plans by Chuck Lohre
[20 April 2021, 04:45]

G-DJGG by Jonny Mion
[01 April 2021, 19:30]

Advertisement

Author Topic: Alexander Schleicher & Co. Segelflugzeugbau TN No. 29 original issue dated 01 Ju  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Andrew Logan

• Silver Member
  • Registration number: G-CFMS
  • Call sign: FMS
  • Stationned at airfield: North Hill Devon
Hi
My glider (serial 61) has just failed the inspection. I have been provided with a quote for the replacement parts which work out at £1330 pounds with a delivery of 4-6 weeks - but only after the factory returns off holiday on the 13th August. I realise that the defects need to be rectified, but what hurts most is that the TN has been issued in the middle of the summer season. The
Labour cost involved is not too bad. The total cost however makes the decision to scrap or repair a difficult one. I intend to have my 3,000 hr inspection carried out early. I don’t want to carry out the TN repair and then incur extra costs if the 3k turns nasty (although signs are good  on my glider)
I understand the a number of 15 owners have already decided to repair

Offline Selvam

• Bronze Member
  • Registration number: G-CJDR
  • Call sign: JDR
  • Stationned at airfield: Weston on the Green, UK
Hi,

My ASW15 (serial No 53) also failed the inspection due to cracks on the wing root ribs. I would like to get it repaired provided it is viable.

If anyone had this repair done on their gilder, where was it done (who done the repair), I spoken few inspectors who are qualifed to undertake this repair, however not willing to taken on the repair.

I would like to save my glider rather then scrap it, really appreciate it if someone come back on this .

Many thanks.

Offline Andrew Logan

• Silver Member
  • Registration number: G-CFMS
  • Call sign: FMS
  • Stationned at airfield: North Hill Devon
Hi Salvem
We have been exchanging emails as regards our situation.
Schleicher have just advised 6-8 weeks from now for delivery e works, due to high demand for the kit
Please keep me informed of progress with you repair intentions
Andrew

person
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal